- Long-distance swimmer Diane Nyad became the first person to cover the distance between Cuba and Florida without a shark cage or flippers.
- Solar-powered chairs slide disabled people into the Greek sea, giving them a chance to partake in a simple pleasure.
- Primary amebic meningoencephalitis, caused by the parasite Naegleria fowleri, has a 99% fatality rate and is usually not diagnosed until it's too late.
- More shallow water injuries result in emergency room visits than previously reported, highlighting the importance of safety when swimming in the ocean.
- Regularly swimming in chlorinated pools can increase your risk of asthma and other health issues.
- Read about public pool safety tips to help keep your child safe in the water.
- Disinfectant byproducts in pools can cause long-term health illnesses in swimmers.
- A new CDC report suggests that more than half of public swimming pools in the US are contaminated with human waste.
- Learning how to swim at a young age could help children reach developmental milestones earlier than their peers.