- Three people had died from an outbreak of the Ebola virus in its central region, near the capital Kampala, the latest bout of deadly hemorrhagic fevers to strike the east African nation in recent months.
- Three people have died in southwest Uganda from an outbreak of Marburg virus disease, officials said on Friday.
- Uganda has declared that is it now officially free from Ebola, the country's Health Ministry said two months after an outbreak of the deadly virus claimed at least 16 lives.
- Uganda is now free from Ebola, the Health Ministry said, two months after an outbreak of the deadly virus killed at least 16 people.
- The Ebola virus has killed 10 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.