- We are being exposed to airborne ultrasound in public places, yet existing guidelines are insufficient to protect us.
- A type of focused ultrasound guided by magnetic resonance could help oncologists remove tumors and residual cancerous tissue in breast cancer patients.
- According to a new study, ultrasound scans of low-birth-weight babies that reveal a specific brain abnormality indicate a high autism risk.
- A new high-tech "no-brush" toothbrush uses 100 percent ultrasound to clean the teeth.
- New research promises to take the pain and fear out of injections by developing a way to enhance the skin's permeability to drugs. Researchers say that this research could pave the way for injection-free vaccinations.