- Many people find it difficult to overcome negative life events and struggle for longer periods than previously thought.
- Your personality may not be as fixed as you think.
- A more generous unemployment benefits program does not improve life satisfaction among jobless citizens.
- Men who face unemployment for two or more years displayed the telltale signs of cellular aging in their DNA.
- The health consequences of long-term joblessness range from cardiovascular risks to troubled mental health.
- Researchers say that losing a job or spending time unemployed may be as bad for your health as smoking or obesity.