vision loss Stories
- The number of older Americans who have visual impairments or are blind will double by 2050: study.
- Three diabetic macular edema drugs offer similar benefits, but people with 20/50 vision or worse get better results from Eylea and Lucentis.
- Georgie Holland, British beauty queen teen, claims the Yasmin pill caused her to suffer a stroke and left her partially blind.
- A recently FDA-approved cataract surgery can also fix corneal astigmatism.
- In a historic trial to test the safeness of human embryonic stem cells, one participant's results stood out among the rest.
- New research aims to use holograms to bring bionic vision to people going blind, along with optogenetic therapy that uses light to heal genetically altered retina cells.
- The device made by Second Sight Medical Products will be allowed to be marketed and sold. A suped-up version is in the works.
- New study links java with vision loss, and says that as little as three cups a day could be putting drinkers at risk.