- Birth control may soon be an alternative for women suffering with acne. New research shows they are just as effective as antibiotics at getting rid of stubborn breakouts.
- Life hands us unhealthy curve balls sometimes, and we barely even realize it. Here are some life hacks to get your vision and sleep back, among other things.
- Microbiologists have named an acne-causing bacteria after rock legend Frank Zappa, because that's what microbiologists do.
- Affecting nearly 85 percent of Americans, acne may be exacerbated by our diets, in particular milk and high-glycemic foods like refined carbohydrates.
- Cancer Patient Mistaken By Bank For 'Surgical Mask Bandit': 57-Year-Old Joe Jaramillo Says He Was 'Humiliated'A California cancer patient was misjudged as a bank robber after entering a Wells Fargo with a surgical mask on.
- Shortly after the European Medicines Agency's presentation of Diane 35's benefits, French health officials agreed to allow the sale of the oral contraceptive.
- A new study has identified a molecule in mice that controls the itching sensation.
- That awful zit can be infected and destroyed with a common, skin-dwelling virus, a new study has found.
- Acne is a common skin condition and affects millions of people. Yet, anybody dealing with a severe acne condition will know how disturbing it is to see a new pimple erupt every day, not to mention the scars that remain long after the pimple has gone.
- For some women, Botox seems to be the cure to combat the onset of aging, but what about combating acne?
- A promising, new acne remedy uses an herb you might be able to find in your kitchen. The spice thyme has long been known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and new research shows it could be used in place of harsh benzoyl peroxide acne treatments.
- Common acne medications like Accutane or Roaccutane may double the risk of eye infections, a new study reveals.
Acne is an inflammatory disease concerning the sebaceous glands of the skin. Acne is caused due to the overproduction of oil by the oil glands of the skin. Mainly pimples are discovered on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Acne is not a severe health threat but, it can cause scars. Acne commonly starts in the early teen years, but it can also occur to adults.