- Stimulant-containing medications do not cause dangerous levels of chemicals in the brains of ADHD patients as they may for others.
- Artificial sources of light fool our brains into staying awake, says one sleep researcher.
- Researchers found a higher incidence of hyperactivity among children with better educated mothers, a disparity that might be exlained by a greater likelihood to report such symptoms.
- Become aware of the possible mental health problems your child may have with these five common symptoms.
- A poll found a huge disparity between the number of teenagers taking study drugs and their parents' awareness of the fact.
- Researchers speculate that the link between ADHD and obesity is rooted in poor decision making skills and in the struggle to manage impulses.
- In an effort to improve treatment and intervention for children's mental health, the CDC released findings on US children living with ADHD, autism, depression, among other conditions.
- Researchers found that long-term use of Ritalin increases level of dopamine transporters in the brain, which may decrease the efficacy of the treatment for ADHD patients.
- Breastfeeding babies early in life may help prevent the development of ADHD, researchers say.
- A survey finds that 9 out of ten physicians specializing in neurobehavioral conditions do not follow American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for diagnosing and treating ADHD in children,...
- College students’ Twitter trending patterns reveal where and when they are most likely to use the ADHD medication Adderall, the most commonly abused prescription stimulant. What are they tweeting...
- An extensive study finds teens are misusing and abusing prescription drugs at an alarming rate. Researchers advise parents to effectively communicate with teens and safeguard their medication.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a developmental disorder. It is characterized primarily by "the co-existence of attentional problems and hyperactivity, with each behavior occurring infrequently alone" and symptoms starting before seven years of age.