- Many Taiwanese fail to visit the doctor, even when they've been diagnosed with asthma, the government says.
- The mozzarella recall affects 234 pounds of Formaggio Italian Cheese Specialties' packaged mozzarella with chorizo and cilantro, produced in Sullivan County and distributed throughout New York and...
- Experts are baffled by increased rates of food and skin allergies among American children since the late 1990s.
- Researchers say the allergy-inducing proteins in milk called caseins may also be found in classrooms across the United States.
- Children who were born in the United States or moved there shortly after birth have a higher risk for allergic diseases.
- Global Warming and Allergies: Recent Rise In Carbon Dioxide Levels Linked To Worsening Allergy SeasonsThe CDC reports that allergic diseases are the sixth leading cause of chronic disease in the United States. Annual healthcare costs? $18 billion.
- Swedish researchers suggest fish consumption before the age of 12 may reduce a child's chance of developing an allergic disease.
- A new study shows that the majority of adults with asthma also have some kind of allergy.
- With approval already in 30 European countries, the Merck now has the clinical trial proof to submit to the FDA for approval.
- A Pennsylvania school bans Axe Body Spray after 15-year-old suffered an unknown allergic reaction.
- A drug maker is recalling 500-gram packages of sesame and garlic flavored "Sunchang Ssamjang" Mixed Soy Bean Paste that might contain peanuts, the FDA said today. Daesang America Inc., of Hackensack, NJ, distributed the product nationally but failed to specify on packaging that it contains peanuts.
- Actress Kym Whitley has come up with a new method of informing her child's caregiver which foods he has to stay away from.
An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Allergic reactions occur when a person's immune system reacts to normally harmless substances in the environment. Mild allergies like hay fever are very common in the human population and cause symptoms such as red eyes, itchiness, and runny nose, eczema, hives, hay fever, or an asthma attack.