- A high-fat diet during pregnancy could alter children's brains, and lead to conditions such as depression and anxiety.
- This is what happened when I slept with a 13-pound blanket for over a month.
- Low doses of THC can produce stress-relieving effects during stressful situations, like public speaking.
- Spring flowers aren't just pretty to look at, their scents can also have a number of health benefits.
- Mindfulness meditation, and 4 other tips for natural anxiety relief in just 10 minutes or less.
- Weighted blankets use deep touch pressure to boost serotonin levels, and reduce nervous system activity.
- New research has found a connection between breathing and activity level areas of the brain, suggesting why controlled breathing may help to calm down an individual.
- German researchers identify a gene linked to social anxiety disorder, and explore the effects of serotonin.
- New research suggests combining chocolate with caffeine may heighten alertness while lowering anxiety.
- Happiness tips: There are bad habits that you have now, that you'll regret later. Here's a list — and also some excellent alternatives.
- Are society’s changing attitudes toward homosexuality leading to a decrease in suicide attempts? LGBTQ teens have been at risk.
- Being married or single has a big effect on your overall health.
Anxiety disorder is a blanket term covering several different forms of a type of mental illness of abnormal and pathological fear and anxiety. Current psychiatric diagnostic criteria recognize a wide variety of anxiety disorders. Recent surveys have found that as many as 18% of Americans may be affected by one or more of them.