- Scientists have discovered a new pathway that could be crucial to treating depression in people who don’t respond to the current drugs available.
- Beyond lavender: Aromatherapy with essential oils can help with your skin, anxiety, pain and more.
- 20-minute meditation exercises can calm the emotional brain to deal with a crisis.
- Relieving your stress is one way to treat skin problems. What you need to know.
- Anxiety disorders can disrupt someone's life, but women are at a greater risk for the mental illness.
- Just how do beta-blockers work?
- A new study has found evidence linking metabolic diseases and stress or anxiety conditions.
- The phenomenon of sleep paralysis can leave you lying in bed conscious and afraid, but with a frozen body.
- Some research has shown natural remedies, such as passion flower and St John's wort, may combat symptoms of mild depression.
- A misunderstanding of how some parts of the brain function has affected the development of drugs required to treat fear and anxiety disorders, researchers say.
- These six essential oils, from lavender to frankincense, can help alleviate anxiety.
- Scientists find targeting specific brain cells rather than the whole brain could significantly reduce anxiety behaviors.
Anxiety disorder is a blanket term covering several different forms of a type of mental illness of abnormal and pathological fear and anxiety. Current psychiatric diagnostic criteria recognize a wide variety of anxiety disorders. Recent surveys have found that as many as 18% of Americans may be affected by one or more of them.