- If you are one of those oft-maligned people who are always cold, you are not alone. And you may or may not have one of these medical conditions.
- Not that any of us needed any more motivation to eat and love chocolate, researchers have found more evidence supporting its cardiovascular benefits.
- Stress affects our bodies in lots of obvious ways, like making us hungry or sweaty, but other reactions are much stranger than that.
- Watercress, the "healing herb," can alleviate these 6 health conditions, from high blood pressure to diabetes.
- Seaweed is a healthy addition to any diet. Here are five ways to get the benefits.
- Prehypertension in pregnancy has been linked to increased health risks after giving birth, a study finds.
- Wearing a blood pressure monitoring device 24/7 helped detect masked hypertension, or high blood pressure that is often hidden.
- Fewer patients over the age of 65 are hospitalized for ischemic stroke, yet younger patients and African American patients are increasing.
- After coughing for 15 months straight, Michael Gale finally has an answer.
- The Instant Blood Pressure app, which was recently removed from the Apple Store, has been deemed inaccurate, just like similar healthcare apps, according to researchers.
- How can a beloved fruit juice cause dangerous consequences when taken with medication?
- Teenagers with high BMIs and low levels of physical activity are more likely to be diagnosed with hypertension as adults.
Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by circulating blood upon the walls of blood vessels, and is one of the principal vital signs. When used without further specification, "blood pressure" usually refers to the arterial pressure of the systemic circulation. Disregulation disorders of blood pressure control include high blood pressure, blood pressure that is too low, and blood pressure that shows excessive or maladaptive fluctuation.