- Social relationships are just as important as exercise and diet when it comes to reducing health risks.
- Former reality star Rob Kardashian may not need meds to control blood sugar if he adopts a healthy lifestyle, experts say.
- 11-year-old Anja Busse inspires new American Girl diabetes care accessory kit for dolls.
- It’s possible to complete an insulin transplant of sorts, for people suffering from type 1 diabetes; new research suggests a method involving a seaweed compound would make this process even more effective.
- Drinking a cup of coffee before a workout could improve athletic endurance performance, according to a recent study.
- French drugmaker Sanofi said on Wednesday it had submitted an application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a single daily insulin injection to treat adults with type 2 diabetes.
- There's little difference in the performance of five new once-a-week drugs to treat diabetes when they're compared to one another, though small differences in side effects emerge, according to a new review of existing evidence.
- People with diabetes face double the risk of death from heart disease when also dealing with stress and depression, new study suggests.
- The annual rate of new diabetes cases is finally dropping but it's still not a victory yet.
- Personal attention and support reduces mortality rate in women, but not men, suggesting a need to rethink current approaches to treatment.
- All women experience small risks of heart disease when exposed to air pollution, but some face higher risk than others.
- A new study has found breastfeeding may offer unique benefits for women who experience gestational diabetes.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Both type 1 and 2 are chronic conditions that usually cannot be cured. Adequate treatment of diabetes is important, as well as blood pressure control and lifestyle factors such as smoking cessation and maintaining a healthy body weight.