- Moringa, the new superfood, shows promise in health and beauty, from fighting cancer to reducing the effects of aging.
- The newest health craze involves drinking water blended with cactus puree.
- This Memorial Day weekend, enjoy the cookout without the guilt by learning the healthiest ways to cook these six BBQ staples.
- New research gives additional insight into how our bodies regulate sugar.
- Resveratrol, an antioxidant found in red wine, can reduce arterial stiffness in type 2 diabetes patients.
- This Cinco de Mayo, reap the benefits of blanco tequila, from weight loss to lowering your risk of dementia.
- Stem cells have the power to become any type of cell in the body, and as a result, are at the forefront of many medical innovations ranging from leukemia treatment to diabetes therapies.
- This week, Jenna Bush Hager revealed that her grandmother lost two toes due to a condition that develops with age, but how common is it to lose toes?
- Scientists believe stevia could potentially be used for diabetes treatment.
- A new study has found that diabetes patients who stay up late and like to sleep in may be more likely to report depression symptoms, although the underlying cause for this link is not clear.
- What you should know about the newest superfood from Peru.
- Whole-body vibration training could be just as effective as regular exercise, but in a shorter time.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Both type 1 and 2 are chronic conditions that usually cannot be cured. Adequate treatment of diabetes is important, as well as blood pressure control and lifestyle factors such as smoking cessation and maintaining a healthy body weight.