- Think gluten-free is healthy? Here's why doctors say it's not suitable for everyone.
- An exciting new study has suggested that a fasting diet may help diabetes patients restore damage to their pancreas and reverse some effects of their disease.
- New study has identified deficits of "anti-aging" hormone Klotho as an early sign of kidney failure in diabetes patients.
- With or without your mouthwash and constant brushing, the stink emanating from your mouth may be out of your control.
- If you are peeing all day long, it may be nothing but it could also be one of these conditions.
- Scientists may be able to cure diabetes by growing your healthy pancreas in another animal and then transplanting it back to you.
- Mary Tyler Moore passed away at age 80, and although the precise cause of death has not been released, her lifelong battle highlights the toll this disease can have on your life expectancy.
- The way your immune system responds to your eating habits is important.
- Drinking diet soda is intended for weight loss, but can it really help you lose weight?
- Are you following your doctor’s dietary advice? If you are cheating, your urine will give you away.
- Experts are calling on doctors to use their patients’ social relationships to encourage them to live healthier lives.
- How much sleep should we be getting every night? We don’t really know, but research tells us that the wrong amount is dangerous.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Both type 1 and 2 are chronic conditions that usually cannot be cured. Adequate treatment of diabetes is important, as well as blood pressure control and lifestyle factors such as smoking cessation and maintaining a healthy body weight.