- New research has confirmed that obesity can lead to genetic changes linked to metabolic diseases.
- A drug called MSDC-0160 that was originally developed for Type 2 diabetes has the potential to be the world's first treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
- High dietary magnesium can reduce the risk of these 6 health conditions, from heart disease to PMS symptoms.
- Feel a little less guilty about your eating habits this holiday season with some simple food swaps.
- Eating chocolate may prevent diabetes, and protects against these other 3 health conditions.
- Among the most pervasive health myths are that vaccines cause autism and that shaving makes our hair grow in thicker.
- Scientists at Florida State University have used a mathematical equation to develop a device which they hope will one day cure type 2 diabetes.
- Poison isn’t good for your health unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Lifestyle choices can affect our hormones, and ultimately, the smooth functioning of our bodies.
- Without proper insulin and blood sugar management, people with diabetes can develop ketoacidosis, a condition of blood poisoning that could be fatal.
- Today is World Diabetes Day, and Google honors the man whose discovery helps those with the condition to lead healthier lives.
- Preservatives help extend food products' shelf life, and can influence our overall health.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Both type 1 and 2 are chronic conditions that usually cannot be cured. Adequate treatment of diabetes is important, as well as blood pressure control and lifestyle factors such as smoking cessation and maintaining a healthy body weight.