- Humans have been using both their own waste and animal dung to cure illness for thousands of years. We even use this weird kind of medicine today.
- Certain foods promote a healthy gut, and they are not all boring diet foods.
- Thirsty? Reach for something cold and bubbly.
- The enteric nervous system is also known as the second brain, and it controls everything from digestion to emotion.
- Is your gut overheated? Cinnamon may offer a surprising solution.
- Essential oils associated with aromatherapy may benefit digestion, gut bacteria.
- Recently, the team at SciShow weighed the facts over which pooping position may be better for your health.
- Not everyone gets chosen to donate poop.
- Study suggests low levels of zinc can disrupt digestion, and lead to other adverse health outcomes.
- Our stomachs can break down most of the ingredients in gum except for the rubber base, which passes through your digestive tract and into the toilet easily.
- Alcohol abuse damages all of the major organs, including the pancreas, which can lead to long-term digestive issues.
- Researchers in Denmark recently looked at research behind probiotic and found there is no evidence to suggest probiotic use has any benefits in healthy adults.
All diseases that pertain to the gastrointestinal tract are labelled as digestive diseases. This includes symptoms and diseases of stomach and intestines, such as: constipation, diarrhea, GERD, heartburn, gas, bloating, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and others.