- Scientists have discovered a specific gene variant that's present in 90 percent of kids with celiac disease, and hope that it could help them identify at-risk kids long before they develop the disease.
- A vibrating capsule promises to treat constipation by stimulating the digestive system without the use of chemicals or medication.
- Our caloric intake is largely determined by the digestive process itself rather than the hard value ascribed to the food product.
- A Japanese toilet now has an app that can help quantify bowel movements, raising awareness for any conditions that might develop.
- Cyclospora Update: FDA Names Mexican Food Supplier To Red Lobster And Olive Garden Restaurants As CulpritThe FDA has linked the outbreak of the rare parasite cyclospora to bagged lettuce from a Mexican farm distributed to two popular American chain restaurants.
- Clean Water And Good Hygiene Could Make Your Child Grow Taller: 265 Million Children Are Affected By Stunting WorldwidePoor hygiene, limited access to safe water, and poor sanitation are all linked to impaired growth in children under the age of five.
- A new inexpensive, effective material could revolutionize food safety.
- Doctors use the social media site Facebook to find the source of a strep throat outbreak among high school students in Minnesota.
- The rare foodborne parasite has plagued dozens in Iowa and Nebraska, leaving public health officials bewildered over its origin.
- Exalenz New BreathID Test Detects H.Pylori Bacteria In As Fast As 10 Minutes, Quicky Diagnoses Gastric ConditionsExalenz's new BreathID test detects ulcers and their bacterial causes quickly, leading to more effective treatment.
- Penn State study finds that whole chickens from farmers markets may have more pathogenic bacteria.
- New probiotic dietary supplements are intended to improve your digestion, but they may also boost your dream life.
All diseases that pertain to the gastrointestinal tract are labelled as digestive diseases. This includes symptoms and diseases of stomach and intestines, such as: constipation, diarrhea, GERD, heartburn, gas, bloating, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and others.