- Scientists discovered a rare mutation that makes it very likely a person will develop a devastating form of MS.
- More college graduates marrying each other has not increased the prevalence of the gene associated with education.
- Older men who have a mutation that leads to the loss of their Y chromosome in blood cells may have an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- A new study has detailed the complicated genetic history of black Americans to help better understand their unique genome.
- Poverty can lead to biological changes in the brains of teenagers, which in turn can lead to depressive symptoms: study.
- A new genome analysis technique has revealed how the British people have evolved in the last two millenniums.
- Synthesizing the human DNA sequence could have many benefits, but is it too risky on an ethical level?
- A new study has analyzed the effects that a man's lifestyle choices can have on his future offspring.
- Researchers in England believe they have identified a gene linked to impulsive behavior in teenagers.
- An in-depth investigation of what causes genetic mutations and what effect they can have on our health and appearance.
- Many of our delicious burgers come with quality flaws, a new report from a Cali-based food lab finds.
- Sophia Cai from Reactions discusses why our hair eventually turns gray.
Genetics deals with the molecular structure and function of genes, gene behavior, patterns of inheritance from parent to offspring, and gene distribution, variation and change in populations. Genes correspond to regions within DNA, a molecule composed of a chain of four different types of nucleotides—the sequence of these nucleotides is the genetic information organisms inherit.