- Cranberry products are packed with antioxidants known as polyphenols, which have been studied before for their potential health benefits.
- A measles outbreak has erupted throughout the state of Arizona and health officials worry it'll only get worse.
- Is there a way to harness the mind to boost immune system power and get the benefits of medication at lower doses?
- Researchers from Queen Mary University in London have produced evidence showing that immune dysfunctions among malnourished people are present at birth.
- National coordination and use of Gardasil-9 would significantly reduce cervical cancer cases and healthcare costs.
- New research shows that a combined HIV/Hepatitis C vaccine may be an option in the future, giving hope that co-infection can be avoided.
- Researchers pinpoint how the body secretes fluids in the right amount.
- Medical Daily decided to check out the controversial anti-vaccination documentary, "Vaxxed," directed by the disgraced former doctor, Andrew Wakefield.
- A flu shot does more than protect pregnant women from illness; it also saves infants from dying in the womb.
- The person at the center of an illegal vaccine scandal in China had been sentenced for similar crimes but was allowed to re-offend after being given a suspended sentence, the head of a food and drug watchdog told a news conference on Thursday.
- Vaccination was a major turning point in modern medicine, but it existed in primitive forms hundreds of years earlier.
- A dengue vaccine developed by NIH scientists protected everyone given the shot against the virus in a promising small study published on Wednesday,
Immune System Disorders
An immune system is a system of biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. In order to function properly, an immune system must detect a wide variety of agents, from viruses to parasitic worms, and distinguish them from the organism's own healthy tissue. A vaccine is a biological preparation that improves immunity to a particular disease.