- If the patent is granted, Indian firms would not be able to produce affordable versions of it for domestic use or exports, MSF said.
- Multiple tattoos might make you vulnerable to prejudice, but they can help out your immune system too.
- People who live together and raise a child experience a transformation of their immune systems, making them more in synch to their family’s.
- New evidence shows cinnamon-flavored liquids for e-cigarettes may harm epithelial cells and change immune responses when inhaled.
- White blood cells known as T-cells, immune system responders, are present in your sore muscles following exercise.
- The CDC recommends pregnant women get an annual flu vaccine within two days of onset of flu symptoms to prevent hospitalization and pregnancy complications.
- 75 percent of select vaccine-related pins are negative, an increase from numbers seen in the mid-2000s.
- Certain white blood cell types struggle to fully recover in the months following breast cancer chemotherapy.
- Being too clean isn't what's making us sick. It's the loss of biodiversity in the bacteria and organisms that live in our bodies and work with the immune system.
- Estrogen allows women to have stronger immune systems than men due to its antiviral properties.
- President Obama promised to undertake a national effort to cure cancer, a “new moonshot” with Vice President Biden in charge of “mission control.”
- Researchers examined the potential immune-boosting properties of FGF21, a hormone produced by the liver.
Immune System Disorders
An immune system is a system of biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. In order to function properly, an immune system must detect a wide variety of agents, from viruses to parasitic worms, and distinguish them from the organism's own healthy tissue. A vaccine is a biological preparation that improves immunity to a particular disease.