- The 4-year-old Hampshire pig paves way for more inclusive animal cancer treatment, researchers say.
- Robin Roberts Honored At ESPY Awards After Surviving Battles With Breast Cancer And Myelodysplastic Syndrome [VIDEOS]'Good Morning America' anchor Robin Roberts was honored for her courageous and inspirational survivals of both breast cancer and the rare bone marrow disorder MDS.
- 12-Year Old Boy, Eric Blue, Dies After Receiving HIV "Cure": Have The Benefits of Bone Marrow Transplant Been Exaggerated?Special bone marrow transplants have "cured" three people of HIV and cancer, but is the celebrated remedy safe?
- Celgene halts its clinical trial for the drug lenalidomide after treated patients showed close to double mortality rate than patients taking the standard clinical treatment.
- Talia Joy Castellano, Former CoverGirl, Dies At 13 After Cancer Battle; YouTube Star Refused Surgery To Enjoy Her Last DaysAfter being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in 2007, Talia Joy Castellano passed away on Tuesday at the age of 13.
- Lynsie Conradi's Leukemia Clears Up After Experimental Cancer Treatment: T-Cell Therapy May Be Pinnacle Of Cancer ResearchOne of the first patients enrolled in a treatment program for people with a rare form of cancer, Lynsie Conradi is now free of leukemia.
- Cord blood, taken from your newborn baby's umbilical cord, contains a small number of the adult stem cells that mature into healthy blood cells, which can be used to treat disease.
- The leukemia drug, obinutuzumab, causes the killing of lymphoma cells in two ways, and is now on a fast track toward FDA approval.
- Stopped in the middle after a cursory review of data, Pfizer says it won't give up on researching the combination of specific antibody and cell killing agent.
- 10-year-old Oliver Burton, battling cancer, got his last wish to meet the Queen of England, thanks to Helen Mirren.
- Researchers say that cancer survivors often suffer physical and emotional impairment after treatment, a lot of which goes undetected or untreated.
- Tweleve-year-old Cristian Beasley got the surprise of his life this week when a NFL star J.J. Watt stopped by to visit.
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of immature white blood cells called "blasts". Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphocytes, a type of cell that forms part of the immune system. Typically, lymphomas present as a solid tumor of lymphoid cells.