- The biopharmaceutical company, which operates in over 100 countries, has issued an update on its oncology pipeline for 2013.
- Researchers use small doses of a leukemia drug to treat neurodegenerative diseases in a new study.
- Two new studies released on Wednesday reported genetic links deep within the DNA cells of Leaukemia and Endometrial Cancer.
- Breakthrough designation will speed along the approval process for a multiple myeloma drug treatment.
- Doctors and experts are claiming that leukemia patients are being held hostage by the exorbitant price tags of cancer drugs like Gleevac.
- Cameron Lyle, 21, a shot put athlete from University of New Hampshire put the America East Championships on hold to donate his bone marrow to a leukemia patient given six months to live.
- With the "Cannabis Cup" being held in the United States for the first time, pot smokers over the age of 18 are wondering how they can get their hands on a medical marijuana card.
- More and more scientific studies are proving the therapeutic uses of medical marijuana. Currently legal in 18 states plus D.C., it may be only a matter of time before medical marijuana is legal...
- The anti-teen drinking group MADD says alcohol-related driving deaths shouldn't be the heaviest concern on a parent's mind.
- Scientists made genetic modifications to T cells to target cancer cells. Cancer disappeared from leukemia patient in 8 days.
- The treatment uses a disabled version of the virus that causes AIDS to reprogram the genes of a person’s immune system and retrain it to kill cancer cells.
- Mykayla Comstock is one of 52 children who are enrolled in the Oregon Medical Marijuana program, which is open to children who have an approved medical condition and approval from parents and doctors.
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of immature white blood cells called "blasts". Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphocytes, a type of cell that forms part of the immune system. Typically, lymphomas present as a solid tumor of lymphoid cells.