- This is what happened when I slept with a 13-pound blanket for over a month.
- Low doses of THC can produce stress-relieving effects during stressful situations, like public speaking.
- Smiling depression is a dangerous mood disorder that is masked by happiness on the outside, and sadness on the inside.
- New research has suggested that the risk for developing a mental health condition in adulthood, such as depression and anxiety, is slightly raised for those who battled with a chronic childhood disease.
- An Ohio mom shared two photos highlighting the ups and downs of battling postpartum depression.
- A small study has linked several genes to stress and bipolar disorder in children.
- New research suggests that maternal smoking during pregnancy may raise the risk of severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia, in offspring.
- Couples who give and get massages from each other have better physical and mental wellbeing, and enjoy their relationships more.
- Men and women both fake orgasms; in a recent study, researchers investigated the motivation behind these misleading sexual experiences.
- Mindfulness meditation, and 4 other tips for natural anxiety relief in just 10 minutes or less.
- Scientists find when it comes to love addiction, there are two types that trigger the same chemicals in the brain as drug addiction.
- A new study has found that marijuana use during adolescence may trigger the first schizophrenia episode for people with a family history of the disease.
Mental health describes a level of psychological well-being, or an absence of a mental disorder. From the perspective of 'positive psychology' or 'holism', mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life, and create a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience. Mental health can also be defined as an expression of emotions, and as signifying a successful adaptation to a range of demands.