- Aaron Hernandez was found dead in an apparent suicide attempt in his prison cell; suicide and mental health issues are of rising concern in the U.S. correctional system.
- Happiness feels good, but it also helped a group of HIV patients improve wellbeing, and reduce levels of the virus in their blood. Even better, these six tips may be adopted by anyone.
- Researchers at Karolinska Institutet found a link between combined birth control pills and decrease in wellbeing in healthy women.
- Severe depression may not always be about sadness; it can indicate signs of anger.
- Weighted blankets use deep touch pressure to boost serotonin levels, and reduce nervous system activity.
- Drinking is dangerous, but may be especially hazardous to the physical and mental health of college students who practice this behavior a bit too often.
- New study says many incorrectly view those with mental health problems as dangerous.
- Dermatologist Terrence Keaney explains the 6 most common skin conditions in men, and how to fix them.
- Brain scans may predict the best depression treatment for patients based on their brain's functional connectivity.
- German researchers identify a gene linked to social anxiety disorder, and explore the effects of serotonin.
- Scandinavian countries dominate the top four spots while America falls far behind. Here's why.
- Virtual reality has been shown to treat several mental health issues; here are some conditions VR may ease.
Mental health describes a level of psychological well-being, or an absence of a mental disorder. From the perspective of 'positive psychology' or 'holism', mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life, and create a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience. Mental health can also be defined as an expression of emotions, and as signifying a successful adaptation to a range of demands.