- How do we determine what makes a relationship loving, or what it means to feel cherished?
- These genetic mutations could be linked to OCD, autism or other conditions because they act on the part of our brain involved in repetitive behaviors.
- Researchers find no link between declining mental health and growing up in a household with cats.
- An Instagrammer in Wales posted photos of her skin condition and her stomach after eating pizza and ice cream to teach her followers a lesson about body image.
- New research has shown that performing kind acts for others, even if they go unnoticed, is enough to boost your mental wellbeing.
- Sometimes people desperately want to be alone -- only to find themselves going insane without human contact.
- Just one smile could make you a little bit healthier.
- Researchers have examined data from Australia's largest online dating platform to discover habits of online daters who contact potential matches.
- Even people who seem psychologically well-adjusted on Earth may break down when isolated during a long trip through space.
- Are society’s changing attitudes toward homosexuality leading to a decrease in suicide attempts? LGBTQ teens have been at risk.
- The hormone oxytocin can potentially enhance your relationships and happiness, according to science.
- It’s not just mothers who can get postpartum depression: New fathers under stress are more likely to be depressed.
Mental health describes a level of psychological well-being, or an absence of a mental disorder. From the perspective of 'positive psychology' or 'holism', mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life, and create a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience. Mental health can also be defined as an expression of emotions, and as signifying a successful adaptation to a range of demands.