- Being married or single has a big effect on your overall health.
- Research has found that focusing on larger amounts of information in mere milliseconds can make information easier to recall.
- Brit Lab explains the advantages and disadvantages of cold showers, depending on your age and health.
- Previous research has suggested that people make better connections over mutual hates, and a new online dating app is embracing the idea.
- Separate fact from myth about what it's like living with bipolar disorder.
- Being gay doesn’t put you at risk for mental illness — it’s the other events in your life.
- Four ways to support your partner with depression, from showing love to going out for a walk.
- Understanding fear could give us more clues about how mental illnesses work and how to treat them.
- “Human Ken Doll” Rodrigo Alves has had 50 cosmetic surgeries.
- A new study found that increased consumption of fruits and vegetables had the potential to better mental well-being.
- A chemical imbalance in the brain may contribute to schizophrenia, so targeting it might relieve symptoms.
- The ability to disengage from unattainable goals may be an evolutionary advantage of depression.
Mental health describes a level of psychological well-being, or an absence of a mental disorder. From the perspective of 'positive psychology' or 'holism', mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life, and create a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience. Mental health can also be defined as an expression of emotions, and as signifying a successful adaptation to a range of demands.