- Long-term marijuana use has been linked to low blood flow in the brain, increasing susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease.
- Artificial intelligence and brain scanning technology provide a stress-free way to overcome your fears.
- Women's brains are better able to switch between tasks, and don't require as much energy as men's to multitask.
- Young blood transfusions could potentially reverse the effects of Alzheimer's disease in the elderly, according to new research.
- Length of pregnancy, such as being born too early or too late, can influence academic performance.
- Science explains why you can't get that catchy song out of your head.
- Full-term babies experience better brain development in the womb than preemies.
- The brains of chronic procrastinators face an internal battle of whether to slack off or not.
- Online mental exercises may alleviate the effects of chemo brain by improving memory and attention span for cancer survivors.
- Four things that happen to the brain while you swim, from boosting blood flow to enhancing learning.
- Researchers have found a method to create adult nerve cells in the spinal cords in mice, which may someday replace risky procedures or transplants for humans.
- Hormone fluctuation throughout your menstrual cycle influences brain growth.
A neurological disorder is any disorder of the body's nervous system. Structural, biochemical or electrical abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord or other nerves can result in a range of symptoms. Examples of symptoms include paralysis, muscle weakness, poor coordination, loss of sensation, seizures, confusion, pain and altered levels of consciousness.There are many recognized neurological disorders, some relatively common, but many rare.