- Modafinil, a popular smart drug among students, may indeed improve cognitive skills needed to complete complex tasks.
- Turns out we use the the same brain areas for native and new language structures, new study finds.
- Text messaging can alter the rhythm of brain waves.
- Researchers identify a protein that is released during exercise which improves cognitive function.
- Here's how your brain reacts to healthy and unhealthy foods.
- Researchers suggest exercising four hours after we learn something will help consolidate memories.
- Televisions and books are two of the most popular mediums for storytelling today, so what are they doing to the brain?
- Brain scans reveal that when it comes to cooperation, brain activity in men and women aren't in sync.
- High cellphone usage can change you physically and mentally.
- Watching sports affects our brain chemistry and bodies, possibly in ways you never thought of.
- Scientists discovered a rare mutation that makes it very likely a person will develop a devastating form of MS.
- Scientists discover mechanisms that keep the brain clean in neurodegenerative diseases.
A neurological disorder is any disorder of the body's nervous system. Structural, biochemical or electrical abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord or other nerves can result in a range of symptoms. Examples of symptoms include paralysis, muscle weakness, poor coordination, loss of sensation, seizures, confusion, pain and altered levels of consciousness.There are many recognized neurological disorders, some relatively common, but many rare.