- Rotationplasty may seem unconventional but it actually has great benefits for those who choose to undergo it.
- This video of intramedullary rod and nail removal has us all thankful for anesthesia.
- New restrictions on “aggressive” design for Alpine skis appear to have reduced injuries among World Cup skiers in recent years, according to a new study.
- Swiss sensory motor scientists are hoping to inspire a new generation of more flexible, less constraining, powered exoskeletons that improve the lives of the severely disabled and paralyzed.
- Scientists at U.S. biotechnology company Regeneron Pharmaceuticals researching a rare genetic disease that traps sufferers in a second skeleton have discovered a treatment that shuts down excessive bone growth in mice engineered to develop the illness.
- A recent study shows the protein fibrin does not play as great a role in bone fracture repair as doctors previously believed it had.
- A man in Oregon had a 1.5-inch surgical screw protrude through the callus skin of his right foot nine months after surgery.
- Watch the limbo queen and Guiness World Record holder, Shemika Charles, shimmy under an SUV.
- A friendly arm wrestling match on an Australian rugby show demonstrates just how dangerous arm wrestling can be.
- Find out how LeBron James has been treating his highly publicized injuries with subzero temperatures.
- Maickel Melamed, a Venezuelan man with muscular dystrophy, had two words for reporters after finishing the Boston Marathon 20 hours after the start of the race: "Boston Strong."
- Loud noises can disrupt the neuromuscular controls in our brain and lead to an increased risk for knee injuries.
Orthopedics specializes in diagnosis and treatment of problems of the musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system includes: bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. It is a main branch of surgery.