- Marine experts examine what may have caused a second shark attack in Maui last week.
- Alabama Football Team's Anti-Gravity Treadmill Is Star Of New Facility: The Future Of Injury RehabilitationAlabama's recent facility improvements include an anti-gravity treadmill that has the potential to change the way athletes rehabilitate from injuries.
- Mick, Dog Born With Swimmer Puppy Syndrome, Miraculously Recovers: Watch Him Walk For The First Time [VIDEO]Mick was born without the ability to walk after being diagnosed with swimmer puppy syndrome, but take a look at what he's doing now.
- Tim Hudson Suffers Ankle Injury After Mets' Eric Young Steps On Right Ankle, Slated For Surgery [GRAPHIC VIDEO]Atlanta Braves pitcher Tim Hudson suffers an ankle injury following an accidental collision at first base on Wednesday night.
- Light, durable, and waterproof, the Cortex Exoskeletal cast is one of the first innovations in orthopedic cast technology in decades.
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth Rips 'Disabled Vet' Braulio Castillo For Trying To Receive Benefits For High School Ankle Injury [VIDEO]US Rep. Tammy Duckworth gave business owner Braulio Castillo more than he bargained for when he attempted to receive medical benefits for an old ankle injury sustained while playing football.
- MIT creates custom coating with multiple nanolayers that releases medicating hormones to help bone implants adhere to native tissue.
- A study finds that the number of pitching injuries is rising because more and more pitchers aren't paying attention to the limitations set by Little League Baseball.
- In the search for new durable and lightweight materials, researchers from MIT have successfully created an artificial bone-like structure using 3-D printing.
- Scientists design a headless cat robot that replicates the walking motion of real felines, which could provide clues into how to improve the locomotion of humanoid machines.
- Michael Patterson, Real Life Superman, Paralyzed From The Waist Down After Heroic Feat To Save Drowning 4-Year-Old [VIDEO]Michael Patterson, a 43-year-old man from Georgia, has ended up in critical condition after saving a young girl from drowning.
- Jen O'Shea's Leg Can Twist 180 Degrees After Undergoing Lifesaving Treatment For Rare Bone Cancer [VIDEO]After she received tumor removal surgery to treat a rare form of bone cancer, a Canadian woman discovered an extraordinary new talent.
Orthopedics specializes in diagnosis and treatment of problems of the musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system includes: bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. It is a main branch of surgery.