- As old age approaches, Geoff Watts confronts an inevitable future in the care of robots. But that doesn’t mean he likes it.
- The development of "handedness" and language are closely linked.
- One mother's terrifying story highlights the dangers of side-by-side cribs.
- Keeping your kids too close can be just as bad as giving them too much freedom. Striking a balance is key.
- Research has found a relationship between pretend play and a child's developing creativity, understanding of others and social competence with peers.
- A new study has found that results from prenatal chromosome tests don't always mean what parents think.
- A new study has found an alarming amount of sugar in juices and smoothies specifically targeted to children.
- A recent study has found that steroid treatment even works prevent brain bleeding in babies previously thought too young for treatment.
- Childhood brain development is crucial during the earliest stages of life, and poverty may disrupt healthy growth.
- Cape Verde has identified its first case of the neurological disorder microcephaly, thought to be linked to the Zika virus, in what would be a first for Africa.
- Hypoallergenic baby formulas made from hydrolyzed milk may not offer any extra protection against allergies.
- Canadian parents are charged with neglecting their son's poor health and attempting to treat his meningitis with naturopathic remedies.
Pediatrics (or paediatrics) is the branch of medicine that deals with the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.