- Finasteride has a swirling controversy behind it, and new research argues its risks aren't getting communicated.
- There are certain symptoms that could be tell-tale signs of the early stages of cancer. Here is what you need to know.
- No link exists between STDs and prostate cancer, a new study suggests, but men with more than 20 sex partners show a decreased risk of this cancer.
- Older, depressed men sometimes fail to seek prostate cancer treatment for follow doctor recommendations, even after diagnosis.
- Having a vasectomy may increase your risk of developing lethal prostate cancer, according to a new study from Harvard researchers.
- The addition of docetaxel, a chemotherapy drug, to the usual hormone therapy for prostate cancer may prolong the lives of men with advanced forms of the disease.
- Scientists in London have identified 14 gene mutations associated with a high risk of aggressive prostate cancer. They say that genetic screening may one day help doctors decide the best route for treatment.
- Vitamin E and selenium supplements are associated with a significant increase in prostate cancer risk, a new study finds.
- Robert Oldham Young faces charges of grand theft and practicing without licence for charging cancer patients up to $120,000 for intravenous pH treatment.
- The sleep hormone melatonin may lower your risk of developing prostate cancer, a Harvard School of Public Health study has found.
- Exposure to BPA from plastic bottles and containers during early development may triple the risk of prostate cancer later in life.
- Prostate Cancer can evade treatment by shifting its proliferative process to a different set of stem cells.
Prostate cancer is a form of cancer that develops in the prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system. Most prostate cancers are slow growing; however, there are cases of aggressive prostate cancers. The cancer cells may metastasize from the prostate to other parts of the body, particularly the bones and lymph nodes. Prostate cancer may cause pain, difficulty in urinating, problems during sexual intercourse, or erectile dysfunction.