- A teenage girl in Utah with a rare allergy breaks out in hives during skin contact with water.
- A spritz of this new fragrance can make all the difference when it comes to perspiration.
- Seniors who submitted photos to the blog BoredPanda reveal the beauty of tattoos' permanency on aging skin.
- The adverse effects a high-sugar diet can have on the human body include more than just obesity.
- The breast milk facial claims to alleviate skin conditions like acne and eczema via lauric acid.
- More than 25 percent of acne patients are avoiding their prescribed medication due to a variety of reasons.
- Here's the buzz on the genes, blood type, and even drinkers mosquitoes love to bite.
- Idaho lawmakers have passed a bill banning indoor tanning for children under 13 and requiring parental consent for those aged 14 to 18 to address the state's rising skin cancer rate.
- A New Yorker is suing the makers of Veet hair-removal cream, alleging she suffered third-degree burns while sunbathing after using the product.
- An injection for "double chin" reduction developed by Kythera Biopharmaceuticals Inc cleared the first hurdle toward approval as U.S. Food and Drug Administration staff concluded the drug's benefits outweighed its risks.
- The dirty truth about the most commonly held beauty beliefs, from outgrowing acne to breathing skin, that may prematurely age you.
- Younger skin with a daily dose of a new chocolate invention may be the new beauty craze.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.