- Well over 16 million Americans have rosacea, yet this skin condition is poorly understood and has no known cure.
- Japanese scientists claim to have created skin from stem cells that has functional hair follicles and sweat glands.
- Watch how hair follicles are destroyed with laser hair removal in slow motion.
- A Virginia man is reportedly suing Procter & Gamble after receiving chemical burns from his Old Spice deodorant.
- The tempting habit may lead to more unsightly skin blemishes.
- Science explains several theories behind the possible evolutionary purpose of butt hair.
- Sun exposure is bad for your skin, but could it be beneficial for your lifespan?
- No, the amount of chocolate we eat has nothing to do with whether we get acne. But our misconceptions about the skin condition do contribute to further stigma, a new study suggests.
- Women who avoid the sun can look up to 20 years younger, according to new research from the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Drug-resistant "super lice" outbreak has already spread across 25 states.
- Sun exposure has influenced human evolution to develop a wide variety of skin tones.
- Organic skin care is the first step to preventing unwanted toxins from entering the body.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.