- Stress can isolate a person, making it difficult for them to connect with others, but these tips may help.
- Beyond lavender: Aromatherapy with essential oils can help with your skin, anxiety, pain and more.
- 20-minute meditation exercises can calm the emotional brain to deal with a crisis.
- Relieving your stress is one way to treat skin problems. What you need to know.
- It is believed that changes in the stress hormones are linked to mental disorders like major depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Stress is inevitable, but with a few small lifestyle changes you can minimize the impact it can have.
- A study found that already high levels of inflammatory markers in women who consumed saturated fat were not affected by stress.
- Sleeping on the plane can be difficult, which is why practicing stress-free, comfort techniques is the key to a smooth flight.
- Long weekends and short work weeks may not be as good for your health as you think.
- New preliminary research finds iPad games may be more effective than we realize in calming children before stressful events.
- Scientists take a look at how the body deals with stress, and make a discovery about our coping mechanisms.
- The worse you feel about your job early on in your career, the poorer your mental and physical health may be decades down the road, suggests new research.
In psychology, stress is a concept about condition that can be described as: feeling of strain and pressure, feeling of anxiety and being overwhelmed, overall irritability, feeling of insecure, nervousness, social withdrawal, loss of appetite, depression, panic attacks, exhaustion, high or low blood pressure, skin problems, insomnia, lack of sexual desire (sexual dysfunction), migraine, gastrointestinal problems.