A teenage girl from California survived after being bitten by rattlesnake six times.
The teen, Vera Oliphant, was bitten after she accidently stepped on a rattlesnake nest while searching for a cell phone signal in a rural area outside San Diego October 27.
"I was trying to find a signal to call my mom and text my boyfriend," Oliphant told Reuters.
She said that she didn't notice the snakes until she stepped on them and they bit her.
"I thought I heard rattles behind me so I ran away. But then I stepped into the snake nest under a pile of leaves. First the mother snake bit my right foot... the baby snakes bit me after that," Oliphant told ABC News.
Oliphant then rushed to her uncle's home who then took her to an emergency room. "I struggled to get my key out, and I was too weak to ring the bell. I desperately tapped at the window and cried, 'Help me,' and that's when my uncle took me to a hospital 15 miles away," she said.
On the way to the hospital, Oliphant called her mother and her boyfriend and even updated her Facebook status to "i got bit by a rattle snake & now i,m about to go to l.C.U .. it hurts like a ___ & my leg is paralyzed ._."
Oliphant was given 24 vials of antivenom and she had to spend four days in the intensive care unit of Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Oliphant has now recovered from the snake-bites and will be returning to Chaparral High School in Santee next Wednesday.