There are many foods that we use to treat our bodies' daily issues — the most common one? Drinking coffee in the morning. Not only is it something that people are used to, but as a society that's constantly on the go, coffee helps many Americans sustain energy throughout their day.
However, there are a number of other ways to cure these common troubles without turning to pharmaceuticals. According to this Buzzfeed video, there are actually many foods you can eat depending on your ailment.
- Energy Boost: Eat citrus. They contain a healthy dose of vitamin C, which can boost your energy and make you more alert.
- Tired: Before you drink that fourth cup of coffee, reach for a water bottle or glass of water. Chances are you’re not really tired, just dehydrated.
- Focus: Eat eggs, which produce choline, a water-soluble essential nutrient that helps to boost memory.
- Mental Awareness: Coffee gives your brain the boost it needs, but all you may need is about 16 ounces, in one cup.
- Relieve Stress: Dark chocolate is great for a number of things because it’s high in antioxidants, which lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
- Feeling Sick: Avocados are high in vitamin E, so they can pack a punch for your immune system. Garlic also works, as it helps relax blood vessels.
- Sleep: Cherries, almonds, and bananas all possess immense nutritional value, which can promote melatoning production, and thus, a better night's sleep.