Most of you are probably familiar with Epsom salt and its ability to relief joint pain. But how much are you familiar with the many other uses of Epsom salt which most definitely will ease your life? The fact is that Epsom salt has been around for centuries now, since it has been first found in 1680, near Epsom in England. As you probably guessed that is where the idea for the name came – the famous Epsom salt. Because of the many useful ways that Epsom salt can help you during your life, we decided to dedicate an article on the topic of Epsom salt and share with you some of the best ways that you can use Epsom salt. But first, do you know what Epsom salt is?
What Is Epsom Salt?
If you are against using any chemicals in your life, you do not have to worry about using Epsom salt because Epsom salt is a natural occurring mineral. This mineral is a rich source of magnesium and sulfates since these two compounds are the main ingredients of Epsom salt. Magnesium and sulfates have the ability to get absorbed through the skin and into the body, where these two compounds have many vital functions. There is even a research done on the topic that confirms magnesium and sulfate get absorbed through the skin during an Epsom salt bath. Most commonly, Epsom salt has been used for its ability to cause joint pain relief, but there are many other uses that you need to get familiar with.
8 Surprising Benefits Of Epsom Salt
- Ease joint pain – This is probably the main and most common use of Epsom salt – to cause joint pain relief. As we mentioned before, Epsom salt consists of magnesium and sulfates – two compounds that are very important for our bodies. The trick is to prepare an Epsom salt bath in which the salt will easily break into the water allowing the magnesium and sulfates to get absorbed in the body and our body can use them for its health benefits. It is harder for our bodies to absorb the magnesium taken in the form of a supplement. That is why this way our body gets to use the most of the magnesium during an Epsom salt bath.
- Solve the problem for greasy hair If you are having trouble with oily hair, all you have to do is add a bit of Epsom salt in your shampoo and let it work its magic.
- Use it to prepare a foot scrub Prepare a mixture of olive oil, Epsom salt, and Castile soap that you will use at least two times a week and notice the difference in your smooth feet.
- Use it to prepare a face scrubAdd a bit of Epsom salt to your face cream and apply the mixture to your face. Massage your face with circular motions and wash it with warm water afterward. Your face will thank you for it.
- Use the Epsom salt bath to cure headaches The magnesium and sulfates will cure your headaches and relax your body. The Epsom salt baths are not used only for joint pain relief.
- Forget about muscle pains with the help of Epsom Salt Epsom salt baths have yet another use – to cure muscle pains.
- Clean your bathroom with the help of Epsom saltPrepare a mixture of Epsom salt and liquid soap, with equal measurements and use it to clean every part of your bathroom – from the sink and bath to the tiles on the floor and walls.
- Fertilize your fruitsThis is probably the least acknowledged ability of Epsom salt! All you have to do is add a teaspoon of Epsom salt in the soil and watch your fruits grow brighter and higher.
It is no secret that Epsom salt has been used for a very long time now, most commonly to cure joint pain caused by different types of arthritis. But did you know that you can use that package of Epsom salt that has been sitting in your kitchen for many other causes as well? Sure most of them are related to maintaining a general good health – for example, getting rid of muscle pains, relaxing your body, curing headaches, etc. But you can also use Epsom salt to prepare a natural skin and foot scrub and even fertilize your fruits and clean your bathroom. If you are ready to say goodbye to the expensive and not always effective bathroom cleaners, face scrubs, shampoos and what not, then Epsom salt is the perfect solution for you.
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines and wrinkles, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Pinterest.