- A large percentage of Americans are on psychiatric medications like antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills.
- Your diet has a greater impact on your attention span and mental health than you might think.
- Young people with neurodevelopmental disorders are more motivated to get exercise when the activity is fun, a study finds.
- A lot of people may think they’re great multitaskers, however, it's more likely that they are terrible at the balancing act.
- Obsessive thoughts or goal-oriented thoughts can derail the natural spontaneous movement of the mind, an idea that could be crucial to understanding mental illness.
- Medications, such as Adderall and Ritalin help people with ADHD stay alert and focused, but what do they do long-term?
- Food companies are on the prowl for a natural alternative to blue food coloring, but have so far come up short.
- Besides increased communication skills, what are the benefits of being bilingual?
- A new study provides a positive message for families struggling to cope with sleep problems in children with ADHD.
- A new study has shown adult women with ADHD are significantly more likely to suffer from anxiety disorders and thoughts of suicide.
- New study strengthens link between prenatal exposure to OTC drugs, like Tylenol, and developmental disorders.
- The effects of mom smoking while pregnant can last throughout a child's life, a new study suggests.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a developmental disorder. It is characterized primarily by "the co-existence of attentional problems and hyperactivity, with each behavior occurring infrequently alone" and symptoms starting before seven years of age.