- The New York Department of Health has issued a warning of an imminent outbreak after an infected Australian tourist visited the city in February.
- 18-month-old Ivy Angerman's skin breaks out in hives and rashes every time it makes contact with water.
- Six benefits of using quinoa on your face, from repairing damaged skin to delaying aging.
- Researchers at Binghamton University have developed a DNA film that can act as a "sacrificial" layer on top of your skin.
- Sammy Sosa has once again sparked a skin lightening controversy after a recent appearance on ESPN.
- Sunblock is an important part of your summer kit, but here are a few reasons why your SPF may not work as effectively as you believe.
- Man dies from flesh-eating bacteria after swimming in the Gulf of Mexico five days after getting a new tattoo.
- Anti-aging creams are most effective in fighting skin damage when they contain ingredients like retinol, or vitamin A.
- An antioxidant called methylene blue promotes skin health; researchers hope to add it to skin care products.
- Doctors in Brazil are using tilapia skin to help burn victims heal faster, and for a fraction of the price.
- A 21-year-old college student recently had her tattoo fall off and heal into a horrible wound following a chemical tattoo removal process called Rejuvi.
- Skincare experts reveal the 7 best oils to use for your skin year-round, from avocado oil to marshmallow root oil.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.