- When an otherwise healthy young person goes to the emergency room complaining of nausea, pain, and uncontrollable vomiting, doctors might assume the worst. But for some of these patients, if they...
- If you’re experiencing any kind of pain, we’re sure you’ll find a remedy on this list. Here are the top 14 products for pain relief.
- If you find yourself looking for an all-natural anti-anxiety and pain relief supplement, here are 14 of the best hemp gummies for you.
- A pain management doctor was arrested and charged with the murder of five patients in connection with overdose-related deaths.
- Ketamine is often used to reduce pain and delirium after surgery, but it may not do either, according to a new study.
- Health care and law professionals point to Fentanyl, a drug prescribed to cancer patients for pain management, as major cause for overdoses.
- In the world of science, sometimes medical discoveries come from unexpected places, such as a painkiller from fish venom.
- Music therapy after spine surgery may help to reduce patients' pain more than drugs alone.
- Study reveals that extra fat in obese individuals does not protect them from intense temperatures, and may also make them more sensitive to pain.
- Foot pain is common but also avoidable; here are some helpful tips for how to prevent foot pain, and what to do if you're already feeling it.
- The best ways to deal with jellyfish stings aren't what you think.
- Rectal marijuana is effective, and health professionals say smoking is the worst way to use cannabis medicinally.
Pain is the most common reason for physician consultation in the United States. It is a major symptom in many medical conditions, and can significantly interfere with a person's quality of life and general functioning. Psychological factors such as social support, hypnotic suggestion, excitement, or distraction can significantly modulate pain's intensity or unpleasantness.