- Looking for an online counseling service to help with mental health-related issues? Here's how Cerebral can help you in getting better.
- In the past 20 years, the suicide rate in the US among those 16 to 64 years of age has risen 40%. Hidden inside that percentage are physician suicides -- the completed ones.
- Suicide is the second highest cause of death in adolescents; almost 1 in 5 adolescents consider suicide, and more than 1 in 10 come up with a plan. For Black youth, those ideas are increasingly...
- How does social media make you feel? This new study shows how your Facebook feed may be affecting your emotional health.
- Here are best ways you can help protect the mental well-being of teenagers amid the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Getting enough deep sleep is important for you health. Here’s how many hours you need and how to get more.
- Charles Manson orchestrated savage murders in the late 1960s and showed signs of antisocial personality disorder. Whether he was a psychopath or a sociopath is up for debate.
- Exercise has been shown to help people with depression and anxiety, and mental health patients want their doctors to help them use that physical activity as treatment to relieve stress and feel better.
- Teenagers who are dependent on marijuana and alcohol are less likely to hold down a good job or get married as adults — and young men were affected more seriously than young women.
- New dads are at risk for depression just like new moms, but mental health professionals are less likely to detect it and the fathers are less likely to get treatment.
- People who exercise in groups do half the work but get much more benefit to their stress levels and mental health.
- These dangerous personalities appear to favor certain songs over others, although the reason why is not yet clear.
Mental health describes a level of psychological well-being, or an absence of a mental disorder. From the perspective of 'positive psychology' or 'holism', mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life, and create a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience. Mental health can also be defined as an expression of emotions, and as signifying a successful adaptation to a range of demands.