- Here are 7 of the best diabetic socks for men.
- Here are 7 of the best cookbooks for diabetics this 2019.
- The diet is known to control hypertension, diabetes, gout and kidney disease and was named the best diet for the 8th year in a row by US News & World Report.
- The study showed that a patient diagnosed 10 years earlier than someone of the same age had a 50% increased risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
- A diet high in fat and sugar, which could include fast food, may affect the immune system in the same way as a bacterial infection.
- Getting enough deep sleep is important for you health. Here’s how many hours you need and how to get more.
- Drinking coffee and tea could extend a diabetic woman's lifespan.
- Five ways adding chia seeds to your diet can help you avoid weight gain in the fall.
- Researchers find people with pear-shaped bodies are more likely to be protected against metabolic problems, among other health issues.
- Drinking green tea can reduce the negative health effects of a Western diet, from weight gain to poor brain function.
- Drinking 7 or more glasses of wine per week is associated with a lower risk of diabetes.
- Midnight snacks that include these types of foods, including complex carbs and some protein, help keep you fuller and get a good night's sleep.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Both type 1 and 2 are chronic conditions that usually cannot be cured. Adequate treatment of diabetes is important, as well as blood pressure control and lifestyle factors such as smoking cessation and maintaining a healthy body weight.