A night out at the Joe’s Crab Shack in Colorado Springs turned into a visit from the paramedics for this family after six children were accidentally served alcoholic beverages. The six children, between the ages of 2 and 8, all ordered Shark Nibbles — a popular drink off of the kid’s menu — but were instead served Shark Bites — a cocktail combining Bacardi Limon Rum, Skyy Vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour, and “a dangerous dose of grenadine.”

"Joe’s Crab Shack is aware of this incident at the Colorado Springs Location, and we are investigating this matter internally,” the company said in a statement to KKTV. “We do not condone underage service of any kind. Our guests can rest assured that our processes are continuously examined so that incidents like this are avoided."

When Trista and Omar Montoya’s family came to visit, they decided to take them out to their favorite restaurant. After drinks were delivered to their table by the waitress, the family went on with their dinner conversation. Around a half hour later, the waitress returned to their table to remove the drinks, explaining “they were made with the wrong ingredients.”

Only when the manager came over with a tray of fresh drinks, did the family find out that the six cousins were served alcoholic beverages. By the time the drinks were taken away, some of the kids, including the 2-year-old, had finished the rum and vodka laden drink. The family was forced to notify paramedics after the kids started to feel sick.

"(The manager) said it was 'mislabeled' and we were a little bit concerned with that kind of response," Omar told KKTV. "You order these drinks, and you order them off the kids menu with the intent that you're providing your child with something safe and that the restaurant is doing their job.”

The children were checked by Colorado Springs paramedics and released to go home. Colorado Springs police liquor team is conducting an investigation into the incident.