A man was crushed to death Thursday night after being shoved into the path of an oncoming New York subway train, police said.

Investigators are now searching for the young woman who they believe pushed the man in front of the 7 train Thursday night in Queens.

Thursday subway killing is the second time this month a man was pushed to his death on the New York subway tracks.

Earlier this month another man, Ki-Suck Han, was pushed in front of a train in Times Square on Dec. 3. A photograph of Han's last moments as he stared helplessly at the face of the oncoming train was published on the cover of the New York Post had caused an uproar.

Thursday's incident happened on a platform for the 7 train that connects Manhattan and Queens. A heavyset Hispanic woman in her 20s, who was about 5-foot-5, had been seen by at least five witnesses following the man and mumbling to herself on the 40th St. station platform in Sunnyside at about 8 p.m., said NYPD spokesman Paul Browne, according to the New York Daily News. Witnesses say the woman was wearing a blue, white and gray ski jacket and sneakers.

According to the Daily News, the woman had eventually sat on a bench about 20 yards from the victim. The man who was eventually pushed to his death did not seem to notice her.

"She was seated alone and then waited until the train came into the station and approached this individual from behind and pushed him in front of the train," Browne said.

Browne said that there was not enough time for witnesses on the platform to save the man, and that he was crushed underneath the train.

The identity of the man has not been released, and police said that his body was still underneath the train's second car late Thursday night.

Police said that the suspect had fled from the scene. She had sprinted down a flight of stairs onto Queens Blvd.

Police do not believe the man knew his attacker and there was no surveillance camera on the subway platform, but police are now analyzing footage caught on cameras near the station's entrance.