- Vertigo is characterized by a sudden dizzy sensation often associated with other symptoms such as hearing loss and nausea.
- The main ingredient in aspirin, salicin, is the oldest pain reliever in history, but it took time and science before it became the drug we recognize today.
- The end of Daylight Saving Time affects your health for better and worse, from extra sleep to cluster headaches.
- Do you suffer from migraines? Your diet may be the cause; here are some foods you might want to avoid.
- A new study reveals another link between the brain and the gut.
- Catching an impending migraine before it takes over is key to preventing long-term damage and short-term excruciating pain, but help in predicting the headaches is limited.
- Taking too much medication can make headaches worse over time, but there are things you can do to stop the cycle of pain.
- Have a headache? It could be from the smoked salmon you love so much, or one of these other strange causes.
- If you experience a headache almost every day, you may be suffering from "rebound headaches."
- Migraine sufferers may have vitamin deficiencies. Here are the foods that can ward off headache symptoms.
- We all get headaches every so often, but here’s how to recognize when it’s more than just head pain.
- Research has found a link between experiencing migraine headaches in adulthood and experiencing emotional abuse in childhood. So how strong is the link
Headache / Migraine
Headache is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head and neck. The brain tissue itself is not sensitive to pain because it lacks pain receptors. Rather, the pain is caused by disturbance of the pain-sensitive structures around the brain. Migraine is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by moderate to severe headaches, and nausea.