- Don't discourage moms from breastfeeding, even if they have COVID-19.
- Think twice before taking that toke if you're pregnant. It may affect your baby more than you think.
- During pregnancy, the body makes preparations for delivery, such as thickening the mother's blood so she does not bleed excessively during delivery. But thickened blood can increase blood clot risk.
- We’ve compiled this list of Amazon best sellers to bring you 14 maternity skin care essentials for moms, both new and expecting alike.
- We’ve compiled this list of Amazon gift ideas to bring you 14 baby essentials for your next baby shower.
- There are numerous items that you need in your postpartum checklist and we're here to help you out with that. Here are 14 postpartum essentials for mom.
- Plastic surgeons suggest the surgery for women who do not plan on having any more children.
- Telomere – a section of the chromosome linked to longevity – was measured to identify ageing of DNA among women who gave birth.
- Scientists were able to identify a hormone which increases protein levels in the womb lining, making it more conducive for fertilized eggs to get implanted.
- A surrogate refused a baby’s parents’ wish for an abortion after finding out the unborn boy had a heart defect. Now she is calling on people to love them for their decision ultimately to "choose...
- Scientists have found a link between weight and a woman’s risk for starting menopause early.
- Children whose mothers were exposed to high levels of fluoride during pregnancy may be at risk of having a lower IQ.
Pregnancy is the fertilization and development of one or more offspring, known as an embryo or fetus, in a woman's uterus. In a pregnancy, there can be multiple gestations, as in the case of twins or triplets. Childbirth usually occurs about 38 weeks after conception; in women who have a menstrual cycle length of four weeks, this is approximately 40 weeks from the start of the last normal menstrual period.