Vitality

How To Live To 100: The Secrets To Longevity

Want to live to be 100, or a centenarian, as they're known? Chances are you won't, according to author, explorer and longevity coach Dan Buettner in his TED Talk. According to Buettner, only 1 out of 5,000 Americans will live to the age of 100. Humans just aren't programmed to live that long. But, that doesn't mean you can't lead a long, healthy life.

Buettner says that only 10 percent of how long we live is determined by our genes, while the other 90 percent is affected by things we have control over. In his TED Talk, Buettner shares what he's learned from studying communities with long lifespans. 

 

Loading...