Emergency personnel in Israel answered an unusual call this past Friday after a 35-year-old man's trip to the toilet ended with a snake bite on his penis. Paramedics said the man was able to joke about the situation after it was confirmed that the snake was not poisonous, Your Jewish News reported.

The unidentified man from northern Israel was taken to Rambam Medical Center in Haifa where he received medical treatment, and was subsequently released. Although the snake was deemed nonvenomous, a snakebite can still entail life-threatening infection from bacteria.

"There is undoubtedly bite marks on the area in question, but it seems the snake is not poisonous," said a representative from the hospital.

"The man is currently undergoing a number of tests and as soon as we have the results he will be able to go home."

The man told paramedics that he had gone to the bathroom to relieve himself when he suddenly noticed "a sharp burning sensation on his penis." He was first taken to the hospital's trauma unit and was then transferred to the toxins unit to ensure no infection would develop.

"This is the first time I've seen a snake bite like this," a paramedic said.

"Luckily, all the tests seem to be fine and the man is feeling well."

Below is a list of DO NOT's, offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for anyone bitten by a snake:

- DO NOT pick up the snake or try to trap it.

- DO NOT wait for symptoms to appear, if bitten. Seek immediate medical attention.

- DO NOT apply a tourniquet.

- DO NOT slash the wound with a knife.

- DO NOT suck out the venom.

- DO NOT apply ice or immerse the wound in water.

- DO NOT drink alcohol as a painkiller.

- DO NOT drink caffeinated beverages.