A new study shows that countries that consume the least amount of calories spend the largest percentage of their income on food.

The data developed by Food Service Warehouse, took the top and bottom 20 food consuming countries in the world and compared their average percent of income spent on food, with surprising results.

The infographic shows the amount of calories consumed in each of the 40 countries and the amount of income spent on food.

The data on calorie consumption comes from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. It shows that the lowest calorie consuming countries in the world spend more than half their income on food, while the highest calorie consumption countries, like the U.S., spend less than 25 percent of their income on food.

People in the U.S. only spend an average of 6.9 percent of their income on food, despite the fact that they have the highest consumption of calories in the World with an average of 3,700. Angola, one of the lowest consumption countries, spends 80 percent of their income on food, leaving them with only 20 percent for other expenses. People in Angola, on average consume 1950 calories per day.

The UK spends only 8.8 percent of income on food, consuming an average of 3,500 calories, while, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, spends half its income on food and only consumes 1,500 calories.